Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy Birthday, My Sweet Baby Girl



Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl. You have brightened our lives with so much joy, happiness, laughter, tears and love. Three years ago, you were so small and fragile and I didn’t know how much you would change my life. I couldn’t comprehend how much joy such a small human being could bring to my life. I never understood how much a mother could love their child until I had you. Three years ago, you fit perfectly on my chest as you slept. You were so helpless and looked up at me with those big dark eyes. Now you sleep in your big girl bed, in your big girl panties (with no diaper-you are so proud of yourself and so are we) ;). When you stand, you are up past my hips and still look up at me with your now hazel eyes. I hope and pray you will always look up to me. I hope to be the role model you need; I hope to never let you down. It amazes me to see how ambitious, independent and smart you are at only 3 years old. I know you will grow up to be a strong, intelligent, courageous, beautiful woman. It brings a mixture of emotions to my heart to watch you grow up. I want so bad for you to be my baby girl, who needs me to do everything for you, but as I watch you grow into the little independent girl that you are, I know you need to do some things on your own because that is just who you are. I am so proud of the little girl you have become, though you are only three years old (almost-2days!!), you seem so much older. Sometimes I have to stop myself and say, “She is only 3.” I love that you still want to be held and carried sometimes; you don’t know how happy this makes me. Tonight you asked me to sing you the lullaby song and I wanted to cry. I love the little moments like these we have together, just you and me. I hold them so very close to my heart and will cherish them forever. I pray you will always have time to spend with me and hope you will want to. Don’t grow up too fast for your momma’s sake. 

You will forever be my baby girl. I love you with all of my heart and to the moon and back times infinity, baby girl. 

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment