Friday, November 22, 2013

What If...

My husband and I were talking the other day about what ifs...What if we would have waited to have children? What if we would have done this differently? And that differently?

We didn't wait to have children. Baby girl (my first) came along right after we got married. We didn't get a chance to travel. A chance to be newlyweds. We were still in college. Still babies ourselves. I had just turned 21. Most people would call us crazy. So many people want to wait years before they have children; to be able to travel the world, settle into a real job, graduate college, maybe go for their masters or an even higher education.

This is what I told my husband, "I never once regret having baby girl so soon. I wouldn't take it back for all of the late nights out with friends, parties and whatever else it is people do nowadays. She changed me, she changed my world and for that I could never wish anything different. My only regret is that we didn't have a chance to become financially stable (kids are expensive). I wish we would have had a few more months of just us-just to get to know each other better before we added a baby into the mix, I would have liked to go on a few vacations, but those don't really matter." He was silent and I started to think maybe I sounded selfish. But then again, I am only human. Then he said, "I completely agree with you."

Having our children so soon has often made me wonder what if...

But then I think of how they make me feel. How they make me feel like a I am supermom. How they warm my heart on the crappiest days. I think of their sweet laughs and precious smiles. Of all of the hugs and kisses I receive each day. The looks they give me when they don't get their way. When they bring me a book to read and snuggle up with me on the couch. I could go on and on. I wouldn't trade my sweet angels for one late night out. I think I've said it before but they have honestly changed me, beyond what I could have ever imagined. God blessed me with my two beautiful children AND one on the way. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment